Spine pain is a symptom of any number of medical conditions. Usually feeling the pain in the back area is the first signal that something is wrong in the body and medical attention should be sought.
The causes for spine pain can range from something simple to very complex.
- Diseases – Diseases such as scoliosis and arthritis
- Trauma – Injury directly to the spinal area or spinal chord
- Infections – Infections like osteomyelitis
- Tumors – A tumor can put pressure on the spine or surrounding nerves
Symptoms are going to vary depending on the cause and the individual.
Most common symptoms include:
- Pain in the lower back
- Pain shooting down the legs
- Stiffness in the back